Sunday, December 14, 2008

Winter Break Part 3

One of the things that I look forward to the most in Sun Valley is the Sunday Brunch. It's just so FANCY! Each table is set with about 100 pieces of dishes, silverware and stem ware. There must be 3-5 waiters for each table. You are never at a shortage of a clean table, filled glass of fresh squeezed orange juice, hot chocolate and water. There is so much food. Choices range from salmon, poached eggs, fruit, desserts, muffins, salads, made to order crepes and omelets, bacon, sausage, ravioli, ham off the bone, roast beef and so many other dishes I'm forgetting. I'm already dreaming about breakfast next year. This breakfast made such an impression on Anna that tonight at dinner when we were eating at a local pizza parlor Anna said "this place isn't fancy like our breakfast." After breakfast we took some pictures and then said goodbye to Aaron. We had so much fun spending time with him. He was such a big help with the kids! Thanks Aarie! We love you.



I didn't mention this before but we did have a throw up incident at our FANCY breakfast. Leave it to Luke to gag himself and throw up at the table. Luckily we are used to it and we caught it on two saucers. But that was not the end of that because tonight right before bed he decided to throw up again. This time all over the bathroom floor. I have to journal this because it's just a part of our lives. The worst part is the embarrassment. First we had to discreetly tell the waiter that the plates he was about to take were filled to the top with throw up. Poor guy just looked at us with this look of horror, probably because he had to pick up the plates and pray that the vomit would not spill over. And then tonight Chris had to take the dirty towel down to the men's locker room and dispose of them in the hamper. He did this so that the room wouldn't stink but also so that the poor ladies from housekeeping wouldn't come in and have to pick up wet towels and know that it was us who did it. Oh well I guess it's just part of our life. I hope he grows out of it soon.

Finally I the night was complete when we housekeeping came and turned down the beds and left a box of chocolates. They do this every night and it makes me feel so special. Good Night!

1 comment:

rahmfamily said...

I see your brother is trying to be John Header too. Nice beards boys! But Chris, I think Aaron has you beat.