
This day has been so crazy. OK well let's face it this whole week has been crazy. Trying to keep the house organized, taking down Thanksgiving decorations, putting up Christmas decorations, making meals, getting ready for a huge Chatterbox Designs order, trying to be a good mother and wife and trying to stay organised with my calling as Young Women's President. This week I have not gotten to bed before 2am and I'm up at 7am to take Anna to school. To be truthful I do get to come home a sleep until about 9:30, good thing Lukies a late sleeper. Back to why it's all worth it. I feel like I never really can get things done 100%, you know always leaving loose ends. Like getting laundry washed but it's still sitting in my closet waiting to get folded. Or staying up late tonight to get some wood stained. Even not getting all the boxes of Christmas decorations put back in the closet but instead they are sitting in my bathtub. In the mist of all this there was a knock at the door and when we opened it up there stood my super cute group of Mia Maids. Singing Christmas carols with not one, but two homemade casseroles to give us. I have to say I have a wonderful Mia Maid leader, Marti Tuttle, who thinks up these great service ideas that really are so simple but so appreciated! Tonight those cute Mia Maids spent the evening making freezable casseroles and taking them to expectant mothers. I know I'm not the only one who is going to benefit from their kindness but I am so happy that I was one of them. It makes all my long days worth it!
5 comments:
So many posts I don't know where to start! I'm so glad you got a pick-me-up from your YW! Don't you love how Heavenly Father works? Just when you think you can't take another second, someone comes along to brighten your day. P.S. That makes me miss YW. :( I was the YW president too. Super crazy busy but super crazy fun!
We have such wonderful sisters in our ward. So glad they lifted your spirits. We missed you at park day today, but understandably, you were most likely napping.
Hey Nik,
Can you believe how life works out. Never in a million years did I think I would be the YW president. I still remember YW with you and Tammy. I thought our leaders were so cool but so old. Ya ha! That's us. I know the feeling I just keep taking it all in because I'm sure my days are numbered, I've been in for over 3 years. Hey, small world just found out that your mom knows Marti Tuttle. Love her!
Mimi,
That's so funny! I too have so many good memories of YW. I didn't ever give much thought to how old they were but now it's crazy to think that we are the age that they must have been. Yep, that's us! The world is even smaller because I know Marti a little too. I worked for Dr. Tuttle one summer - my mom worked for him longer. Great family! It's so fun to keep finding out these fun things from your blog!
Oh I know that feeling of having a task unfinished, and I only have one child! :)
Post a Comment