I want to blog all about some fabulous recipes I found in this months Cooking Light, about Anna's play dates and her first swim lesson but I won't.
I want to clean up the kitchen from lunch, the family room full of toys, the bathroom from tonight's bath time and my bedroom but I won't.
I want to fold the piles of laundry sitting in my closet but I won't.
I want to veg-out in front of the television and watch the women's gymnastics bar finals (OK I cheated...I did watch the season premier of The Hills) but I won't.
I WILL go to bed right now so I can get up at the butt crack of dawn and get Anna ready for her first day of preschool. Not really that early but 6:30am seems so early considering I haven't gone to bed before 2am in years and haven't had to get up before 9am in years. Poor Anna, she hasn't gotten up before 9am since she started sleeping through the night. It's going to be rough first week for both of us.
A new challenge. Early to bed. Early to rise. This could be a good thing.
2 comments:
This post cracks me up because this was so totally me! It was so hard to adjust to having to get up at a "normal" time to have to get to school. We even got lucky because both Jake and Dylan had afternoon preschool! So I really didn't start until then! I really enjoy getting up earlier now (well, only 7am to be honest) but man, I sometimes miss those lazy mornings! Good luck!
Mimi, your post totally made me laugh out loud! And, I absolutely LOVE the picture of Ana crying with her friends and teacher. She's such a big girl now. I don't think it ever gets easy but it's all worth it! Ana, you looked adorable on your first day of school!!! I swear I have the cutest nieces ever! Aunt Rachael
Post a Comment