I've been obsessed with canning lately. It's takes way too long and it's very tedious work but there is something so satisfying about the whole process. I found this great website and recently have spent several hours in the kitchen canning and preserving.
40 pounds of tomatoes and 8 hours later I had 5 jars of spaghetti sauce and 20 something jars of tomatoes.
Fresh ingredients for a delicious spaghetti sauce.
Lot's and lot's and lot's of tomatoes.
Almost done. Just have to put them in their hot water bath.
This website has great recipes and ideas for FOOD in JARS.
I used this recipe for marmalade. Picked these up from a friends mom's tree...Organic right?
My favorite part of this process was cutting the peels into thin ribbons. They looked so pretty. I love pretty things.
Boiling with the piths and pips. Had to google both those words but now I know what they are!!!!
Will it set?
Yeah! I did it! It set and it tastes amazing!

I used this recipe for marmalade. Picked these up from a friends mom's tree...Organic right?
4 comments:
I love the colors of your canning, and I bet it tastes delicious too. How fun! I thought I was so awesome last year when I canned some stuff because it took forever and it was challenging and made a huge mess. You have inspired me to try again though (maybe), what is the website you found?
Tasha, I completely forgot to add what a HUGE mess canning creates. Try blanching over 100 tomatoes! I guess I just forgot because I really enjoy the process so much. I hope you try again. Oranges are in season right now so if you can find them at a good price, go for it. This is the website
http://www.foodinjars.com/
and this is the one for the marmalade recipe
http://www.foodinjars.com/2010/02/three-citrus-marmalade-recipe/
I think I'm going to try lemon curd today. I look forward to seeing your hard work pictured on FB.
I'm impressed. This is something I've always wanted to do but am afraid of the time it takes. You've inspired me to give it a try. The marmalade looks heavenly. Thanks for the website hints.
The marmalade was delicious! Thanks so much for thinking of me!!
Post a Comment