Monday, August 24, 2009

The one I Love.



What a surprise when Chris called me in tonight to show me this. It was ten minutes before midnight. He said he just couldn't wait until midnight to show me. I know he was excited and proud of his 'Anniversary' movie. How could he not be! It is probably the most thoughtful gift he has ever given me! There is something to be said about gifts given when there is no money spend just time and thought! He did such an amazing job of capturing so many wonderful moments and memories of the past 14 years. I can't even believe it's been that long. Really it doesn't seem like it's been 14 years but it has. I can't say that it's been perfect because what marriage is bliss 24/7. What I can say is that I couldn't ask for a better partner in marriage. I'm not the easiest person to get along with and I'm a bit high strung and high maintenance but Chris loves me despite these flaws. His calm and laid back attitude makes for the perfect balance. He is so tolerant and patient with me and that can be very difficult sometimes. I am so blessed to have Chris in my life so blessed to have him as my best friend, my husband and the very best daddy to our beautiful children.
Hey babe it's been a great 14 years. You picked some of my favorite memories. Our first Valentine's Day. Lot's of surprises and so many roses! That's when your patience and tolerance kicked in. Surprise trip to California to meet the parents. Guess it went well we ended up married just a few months later. Wedding day...so in LOVE, so NAIVE, and so YOUNG! We drove that Sentra into the ground. 150,000 miles, was it more? All I know is it got us from California to Florida no problems. Summer of Lighting Seeds. I remember so clearly standing in front of the plane in Colombia getting ready to board and thinking how CRAZY and surreal it was having spent the last three months backpacking through Colombia. Mud volcanoes, beautiful beaches, disgusting buses, amazing food, floating poop, huge bugs, mini motorcycles, and awkward sleeping arrangements. First Christmas, first Utah apartment (looking back how is it that they converted the entry closet to a toilet?), first house in Vegas, first dog ( I still can't believe you bought her while I was at work!) and of course our first baby! After 6 years of trying we finally had our little Anna. Life just kept getting better with Luke and Livie. I'm crying as I watch the video because each of those moments are so special because you were a part of them because we were together! You are a wonderful husband and I love you more than I could ever express. Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to make this video and reminding me how great these last 14 years have really been.
LOVE YOU!

6 comments:

Julie said...

What a cute video. I love the dating pictures! Hope you have a great Anniversary.

Brooke said...

This is a really sweet video!!

B said...

what a wonderful and sweet video! he's definitely a keeper ;)

nikki said...

How sweet - happy anniversary! You make such a great couple and you have such a neat family.

Britty said...

So cute Mimi! I like that song, too. I haven't heard it before. You guys have so many fun photos of just the two of you...we weren't ever very good at getting photos of us.

garian said...

That was fun to watch. Wow, 14 years...congratulations!