Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dizzy

Well we avoided stitches but got the glue. Poor Lukie was spinning in circles and got to dizzy and fell and hit the fireplace. As a result he had a gash in his chin. I knew the minute I heard the cry something was wrong. Poor little guy was in so much pain. As soon as I saw the blood and his crying face I had a pit in my stomach. I was hurting just as much as he was. Even without cleaning up the cut I knew he was going to need stitches. Just thought of taking him to the urgent care and sitting there for hours for some random doctor to look at it horrified me. Even taking him to his regular pediatrician was daunting only because he never goes to the doctor and it was 4:30 pm on Monday. Probably the worst time and day of the week. Luckily for us I remembered my friend Joy has a doctor friend. So I asked her to call him up. He invited over to his home and glued my boys chin back together! Luke was so brave not a tear shed.Lot's of blood.
Sound asleep with his favorite Buzz Light year toy. He didn't even cry when I woke him up to give him Tylenol. Kids are amazingly resilient!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Aw what a brave little guy! At least you guys didn't have to go to the hospital, that's the worst!

Hillery said...

Poor Luke. At least now you've been officially introduced to boyhood. Ahhh, what else is to come ? :)